Friday 22 April 2011

Thumping Technique

Here as promised is the thumping technique what you will need is
Stamp
Ink Pad
Marker
Cardstock 


 Ink stamp with an ink pad I've used Marina Mist
Use the brush side of the marker and tap with the side of the marker to protect the tip of the marker from any damage.
Take a darker coloured marker and start tapping or "thumping" on the image to add darker spots. I've used Nights of Navy. Continue to "thump" the marker on the image until you added enough ink to create a marbled look. Also turn your stamp in different direction so as not to end up with lines in your work.
Next huff (breathe heavily) on the stamp to re-moisten the inked image. Now stamp on the cardstock. There are several way of applying the added colour see below.

                                     
 This one I've only hi-lighted sections of the wings.
 Here I've only done the outside of the wings.
 This one I have done an all over effect.
This one has had just the centre of the butterfly done.


Try this technique on trees delicate flowers you will be amazed of the different effects you can get and also no two images will be the same.

Happy Easter to you all

Sharon.

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant Sharon, I've not heard of this one before, gotta try it!
    Also looking forward to another flower at Debden in June xxx

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a technique that I have not done in quite a few year myself but it's a versatile technique try on a tree then add an autumnal colour it looks fab don't forget let me see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that Sharon - I was intrigued when you said you had thumped that card.... I had visions of you giving it a knuckle sandwich! LOL!!

    Off to try it out!

    ReplyDelete