Thursday 17 March 2011

Masking Technique


This is one of the cards (inspired by Lindsay Gould) we did last night using the "masking" technique. Stamp used for this was Baroque Border which is on offer at the moment only £4.55

Close up of front of card.

Firstly you need to make two masks by placing two scraps of card to either side of the card, then using a rule mitre the corners so you end up with the two masks shown above.

Place the mitred masks back on the front of the card as shown.



Then using the Baroque Border wheel stamp roll along the edge of the card. Remove the mask and you should have a stamped image as above.





Now move the masks round to the next edge and repeat the last action.




When you remove the masks you should have this lovely mitred corner. Repeat for the next two sides. VoilĂ  you have a lovely stamped edge of a card.
Hope you enjoy playing with this technique, love to see what you do.
Happy St Patrick's Day everyone.
Sharon.






6 comments:

  1. This is brilliant Sharon, and I can undertand the destructions perfectly, which is REALLY good for me! Even better I have the stamp already, but obviously paid more for it, so lucky you to those who are now going to place an order!
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Margaret was so worried no one would understand my English. lol

    Have a good day and don't forget I want to see what you create with this.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon there is absolutely nothing wrong with your English (or your French) Think I am going to be redundant. lol. Just wish my finished card looked as good as yours - more practice required!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know how hard that was for me I kept saying if only Tracy was here. At lest I'm good at one thing then (Crafting) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, be more positive about your abilities, you're a great teacher. These instructions are very clear, even I understand them & will be giving them a go!!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete